Social Skills Groups
ABACS is seeking students ages 2+ with social skills needs to join our social skills groups. Groups meet weekly at the ABACS Clinic in Woburn, MA for 2-3 hours. Social Skills Groups (SSGs) held at the clinic maintain a staff to student ratio of 1:1, with a BCBA assigned to oversee the overall service delivery. Behavior Therapists often lead or support the groups. Groups include 2-6 students who have similar behavioral and learning objectives and similar age. Applications and assignments for groups are accepted and made via rolling admissions, so please inquire about our groups at any time if you are interested!
Current Semester Groups:
- Dinosaur Group: Sunday 1:30 - 3:30; Ages 13 - 15; currently working on conversation skills, age appropriate leisure skills, building peer relationships, and understanding abstract language.
- Bird Group: Tuesdays 4:00-6:00; Ages 3-5; currently working on building peer relationships, participating in structured games, sharing, and expanding functional play skills
- Fish Group: Wednesday 4:00 -6:00; Ages 3-6; currently working on expanding their functional play skills, continuing to increase their communication skills, peer interactions, and sharing.
- Bunny Group: Thursday 4:00 - 6:00; Ages 3-6; currently working on developing foundational communication skills, functional play skills, and attending skills.
- Cat Group: Saturday 1:00 - 3:00; Ages 6-9; currently working on developing foundational communication skills, functional play skills, and attending skills.
- Dog Group: Saturday 3:00 - 5:00; Ages 5-9; currently working on conversation skills, age appropriate leisure skills, building peer relationships, and sharing.
We are always forming new groups on new days and times. Please call our office for more information.
ABACS is also seeking individuals in their 20’s with Asperger’s who are interested in joining a community-based social group. Goals include navigating relationships, making friends, maintaining meaningful relationships, career and interview skills, and independent travel.